Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Front of dryer at bottom getsto hot to touch

Customer Question

front of dryer at bottom getsto hot to touch
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The bottom will get too hot to touch when the air isn't circulating properly. Disconnect the vent from the back of the dryer and run a test cycle to confirm that the issue is with the dryer and not a clogged vent through your house. If it still acts up, you'd need to take the dryer apart and clean out the vent including the lint filter housing on the front panel of your dryer to make sure the air can flow properly. Also, make sure that the blower wheel isn't stripped out on the shaft of the motor because the blower wheel often strips out over time for this unit and then the wheel just needs to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?