Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an old maytag front loader Neptune and I clean it like

Customer Question

I have an old maytag front loader Neptune and I clean it like I am suppose I leave the door cracked my husbands shirts and towels always stink. Today I put bleach it the bleach thing and washed it on hot nothing in washer. When I noticed the bleach was in the washer I opened the door and it was full of soap. So I did the whole thing over again and when the bleach was in it I opened the door once again and it was full of soap again. I really hate this washer have hated it from day one
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There isn't much you can do other than run an empty cycle with a product called Washer Magic which you can get at Lowes. If you run a cycle with this product inside it will remove all residue detergent build up as well as mold/mildew or hard water build up inside the washer. These Neptune units definitely weren't the best front load washers ever built for many reasons, but this particular issue can be be avoided by doing this once every few months so no build up occurs. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.