Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Scotsman cme256as it has been randomly making really

Customer Question

I have a Scotsman cme256as it has been randomly making really thick ice and shutting off not always shutting though. Costing money when arriving to find the machine has shut itself off.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been over 24hours how can I get an answer.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most common cause of thick ice and erratic operation is a dirty cold plate that will not allow the cubes to slide free of the evaporator due to mineral build up. Was the machine cleaned using a professional cleaner recently and regularly? Does it ever work fine for an extended period? The manual at the URL below will aid in diagnostics as well. Let me know what you find, please.
http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/SC-CME256_iom.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it goes awhile without problems. Then it will act erratic. I have the manual thank you. What other problems could potentially do this maybe a sticky hot gas valve?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, if it is not warming the evaporator to release the cubes, that certainly could cause it. With it being intermittent, it is going to be very difficult to diagnose with 100% certainty. You may need to replace the valve and see what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you, ***** ***** more question is there any other reason for the machine to act as described.