MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Ge mongram 8920 door has no tension, I assume is the door springs,

Customer Question

Ge mongram 8920 door has no tension, I assume is the door springs, is there some assembly instructions, so I can check/confirm? How hard are springs to change? Where should I go to get parts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Replacing door springs is no big deal. You will need to pull the dishwasher out some to replace the failed parts as that is the only way you can see what has failed anyway. It will be very obvious how the door hinge connects to the parts that tension it- just look first.
Yours may use door cables as well as those break way more often than the springs.The # ***** posted is not a model#, so that is why I said MAY.
Buying parts is easy- just visit or call any local parts supplier and they will look up whatever you need by the model# ***** these parts are very common.