MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a GE oven. Model #JKP2OWOF6WW Serial # ***** It

Customer Question

I have a GE oven. Model #JKP2OWOF6WW Serial # ***** It will not work and a error code F7 EC keeps flashing. I read the manual it said to shut the circuit breaker off for 30 seconds then it should reset if not call for service. Well it did not correct the problem and none of the buttons on the oven will work excet the clear off and the time is still displaed but the error code keeps comming on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
The touchpad is most likely bad here and will need to be replaced. The only way to make sure of this is to unplug the touchpad from the control and see if the error shows up after a while. It's bad if the error DOES NOT recur. If the error shows then the control is bad, but I doubt that is the case here. Replace the faulty part as this will not work until then.