Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Water is not dispensing from our fridge and we just replaced

Customer Question

water is not dispensing from our fridge and we just replaced the valve
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an appliance service technician and I can help you today. What is the full model number of the ref?
You can find the model number in the ref cabinet. Look on the inside wall of the ref cabinet near the top shelf.
Once I know the model number I can look up the part diagrams and exploded view diagrams and help you better. Usually when a water dispenser is not dispensing water properly from the door after a water filter is replaced it is usually trapped air int he line blocking the water flow. I would suggest removing the filter again and then reinstalling it and bleeding the air out right away by getting about 40 ounces of water at the door.
Try that and get back to me here with the model number and I will help you more.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
kenmore fridge LGus2642lf1, already tried bleeding the air out
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried removing the lower kick plate to access the water line that runs through the freezer door? There is a water line there that feeds water to the dispenser. Sometimes the line that runs through the freezer door freezes and will prevent any water from getting through the door and out the dispenser. You can confirm this by removing one side of the water line from the coupling and calling for water at the door. Get a cup to catch the water so it doesn't spill not he floor. And if you get water there then you know the valve is good and the line in the door is frozen. All you will need to do is defrost the line.
If no water comes out then you will have to check voltage at the water valve solenoid for the water and not the ice dispenser. you will need someone there with you to call for water at the door while you are testing the voltage at the solenoid. If you have voltage but no water coming through the valve then the valve is bad. If no voltage then either the board under that machine is bad or the switch in the door.
Check those things and get back to me here tomorrow and let me know what you have found. It is getting late here on the east coast so I will be calling it a night soon. Just get back to me here in the morning or though out the day tomorrow and let me know what you have found and I will help you more.
Thanks. Talk to you tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All that checks out so I'm starting to think the line is indeed frozen
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Okay.
If all of that does in deed check out then you definitely have a frozen water line. And again you can check for sure by removing the bottom kick plate and separating the water line from the coupling or union and calling for water at the dispenser. If you get water through the line to the coupling or union then you know the water line through the door is for sure and in deed frozen.
And thus you know you will have to defrost the line through the door to fix.
Just get back to me here if you have any other questions or concerns and I will help you more. Please also remember to positively rate me now below this chat with ok service or better rating if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions. And if you have any other questions after positively rating me you will always be able to get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.
Thanks again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your were correct the line was frozen, hairdryer did the trick!
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Great I knew it would. common problem. If it happens again soon please first take a loot at what the set temps are in the freezer and ref cabinets. If they are set too cold it would cause the line to freeze. Freezer temp should be at 0 and ref temp should be at 37. if it is not 1 or 2 degrees close to that then adjust it accordingly.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
If you need more help please get back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge. please remember to rate me positively below this chat now and again, if you have more questions it will not end or close this chat. you will have up to 30 days to get back to me here and ask any questions you need to and I will help you more for no additional charge. Thanks again.