MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

My GE side by side refrigerator has started leaking in the

Customer Question

My GE side by side refrigerator has started leaking in the water access only when the ice maker is on. I have cut it off cleaning the whole frig thinking there may be a frozen part in the door. The water works when I just use the water component with no leak. Help please!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
The icemaker is either bad or the water that fills it is not going into it for whatever reason. The water is probably getting into the ice bucket and then coming thru the ice door. I cannot see from here- only you can. You will simply need to observe the icemkaker cycling and see what is going on. Turn the icemaker off and then turn it on after a while so you can see it run right away. This is nothing complex to figure out as it is simply a water leak from the icemaker.
the # ***** listed is a model# ***** ***** correct at all