Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My ge refrigerator pdf22mis/sis display is off. Changed main

Customer Question

My ge refrigerator pdf22mis/sis display is off. Changed main board but display still off. When the ribbon cable is disconected from the display inside the compartment the display lights and says off. Pressing the buttons with ribbon on does nothing except the power is on but freezer and fridge is off. I think the ribbon cable is defective. How can I by pass this to get the fridge back on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The ribbon cable is part of the wiring harness and is installed within the walls of the cabinet. It is not replaceable and cannot be bypassed. That being said, I doubt the cable is the issue. The display board is probably shorted and will need to be replaced. I have never seen a main wiring harness fail. I would recommend replacing the low voltage board.