Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

We have a Samsung front load dryer. Model number WE357A7P/XAA.

Customer Question

we have a Samsung front load dryer. Model number WE357A7P/XAA. the filter was up a little during drying and it ate my daughters apron string. now the tumbler will not turn when we turn on the dryer. I took the back off and you can smell a slight hint of a burn smell when pressing start. help please
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** iam happy to help you with your question today..the apron is going to be stuck in the blower housing ,it needs to come apart from the front , do you have access to the top ? because the top ,console and front panel all needs to come off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have access to the top. It's not the whole apron. It's just the string. Would it being stuck in the blower housing stop the drum from turning?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Take the top and front off ? Can you send me a pic of the blower housing?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
the blower is attached to the motor shaft , can you turn the drum clockwise by hand fairly smoothly?if you take the top off ,2 screws at the rear and slide towards the back,may have to give it a bit of a hit..if the belt is intact ?lift up on it. if tight the belt is fine and the string has wedged itself in the blower
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The belt is in tack. From the back of machine when I pull on belt it has some give in it but it's like the belt is on a pully thing... If that makes sense....? How do I get inside the blower?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
the top comes off as previous ,then there are 4_6 screws across the top of the console ,remove those and pull the console forward ,it will snap off ,unplug and remove ,then you have 4 screws across the top of the front panel ,remove those ,then open the door and remove the two screws on the bottom of the door ,these screws have a lttle washer ..then unclip from the top and remove the front panel,there is the blower housing ,3 screws and you have access to the blower
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not in the blower housing. I'm thinking some how it made it to the motor. Why would I get that slight burnt smell? Thanks
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
the motor is on the outside of all that ,just the shaft sticks thru if it gets by the blower its just in the venting , sure its not wrapped around tightly?