Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a 4 door Norcold fridge in our trailer. It keeps

Customer Question

Hi .i have a 4 door Norcold fridge in our trailer. It keeps cold on propane but won't keep cold on electric . Freezer works fine on electric . What can I do ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue is with the electronics since it cools well on the LP setting. How long did you let it run on electric to see if the refrigerator will cool? Any errors on the display? The service manual for your model is available below.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/f8sqp2ok2eth2k0/Norcold_1200.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have noticed for a year or two it's not cooling as much as it should . The milk will spoil in a couple of days. There are no errors showing on fridge . There is a metal clip with a wire attached slid on the fins at the back of the fridge. Do you move that one way or another ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You should not have to, no. Does it work on AC or DC modes any differently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No . On ac it cools differently than on LP..Two different cooling systems. It's not like your household fridge
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No, I Mean does it work better on 12 VDC or 120 VAC, or the same issue, not cooling well in the refrigerator?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It don't run on 12 volt just 120 ac and LP. Just not cooling well in the frig part .. The freezer works fine
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The electronics are all 12 VDC, sorry for the confusion. That model uses 2 heaters in the AC mode. I suspect one of the heaters is faulty. Do you have a meter to test with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will get someone to test the units. Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet, thank you. Just FYI, it will have to be pulled out to access those heaters.
Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!
Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet, thank you!