Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a SUbZero model 642 and the icemaker in the freezer

Customer Question

I have a SUbZero model 642 and the icemaker in the freezer section does not produce ice.
The message in the fridge sait to vacuum the condenser . I did that. Not rthe message to clean has disappeared.
Still no ice.
Georges
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The ice maker has a thermostat that will not close until it gets to at least -10* C. If the condenser was dirty, the temperature may have been too high. What is the freezer temperature now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
-3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no iceGeorges
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If -3* C, that is too warm and it will not make ice. There is a problem with the cooling system. If the fan is running in the freezer and the condenser is clean, you will probably need on site repair for the sealed system.