Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Can not program may tag refrigerator after mother board was

Customer Question

Can not program may tag refrigerator after mother board was put in
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you ordered the wrong control board for your model. There are actually 2 control boards for this model and to know which one you need to order, you need to look at the first 2 digits of your serial number since there is a series split. Below is a link to both control boards. CLICK HERE or control board (serial 10 or 11) Part number 12920710 CLICK HERE for control board (serial 12 or higher) Part number W10310240 In the mean time you can program code 0302 and that should work, but you need to order the correct board because the ice maker won't work without the correct code.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have the exact one that came out
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That doesn't matter. The exact one that comes out isn't the one that needs to go in anymore. They were split up later in time and the logic for some of those series was removed on the original replacement board. That is why you need to order the one listed for your series that I gave you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do we get that code in we always have a reading of h20 and ice
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You can't put the code in without the correct board as I stated before. You have the wrong board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we use the 0302 code for what we just baught
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Well, sometimes you can sometimes you can't. It depends on what series you have and what board you bought
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You just need to worry about getting the correct board for your refrigerator.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So when we get the correct board how do we get back to the right board.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you're asking? Once you get the right board you just program it like the instructions state which come with the board.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?