Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an LG lfx33975 over a year. Now its not keeping

Customer Question

I have an LG lfx33975 for just over a year.
Now its not keeping temperature properly. Frig and Feezer are both about 20-25F over the set temperature and we have them set at 33F and -6F respectively. I have swapped out the mainboard and cleaned the condenser coils and I have the exact same temperature. Is their something else I should look at.
Also the ice maker won't despense ice automatically either. I hit test button and it flips the ice tray, cracks the cubes out and refills. I'm just wondering if the light curtain or possibly the temperature is affecting this.
Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect you have a defrost issue or the fan is not working. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer? The ice maker will not work unless it gets down below about 15* F.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see the fan turning in the freezer section. So that may be it, what next? I don't have any frost build up.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You will need to determine why the fan is not running. Do you have a meter to test voltage at the fan with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see two fans in the freezer section. The one on the left is working. The center one is not. Do you have a part number for this motor. I'll check it tomorrow when I bring my multimeter home from work.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That motor is part number EAU61505001, it is a 12 VDC motor.
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Motor-Dc/EAU61505001/2666401?rcaid=1000054
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I brought home my volt meter. I'm getting 15VDC on the one fan that is working and I'm not getting any voltage on the center fan. Are both fans suppose to run continuous?I also made up some short test wires to test the center fan motor from the plug of the other fan. Both fan motors work fine when supplied with power. Where do I go from here?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
So that would indicate that the control board that energizes the fan is not supplying the voltage needed. The board is 500A in the diagram at the URL below.
http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/F1303019-00001.png
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Pcb-Assembly-Main/EBR75234705/2669476?rcaid=1000054
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should the fan run continuous or only when the door is closed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The frig portion fan turns on 15 seconds after the door is closed
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Push the freezer door light switch closed with your hand, does the fan run then?