Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Maytag Bravos XL gas dryer and it will not

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Maytag Bravos XL gas dryer and it will not light a fire at all. The error codes I am getting are F04 and E03. Could someone please advise as to what the problem might be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question.
F4E3 Restricted Air Flow Indicates low air flow that may affect dryer performance.
• Confirm that airflow system is not blocked, check lint screen, exhaust duct, exhaust fan.
Pull the machine out from the wall, then disconnect the vent in the rear. Next run a cycle, If the error does not return then the blockage is in the vent that runs from the rear of the machine to the outside.
If the error code does return then the blockage is inside the machine, likely below where the lint filter slides in the machine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I just checked and there is no blockage. The service manual suggests that I test the thermistors which I will do shortly. Thanks for your answer.
No problem let me know if you need anything else. If you can please rate my service thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I checked both inlet and outlet thermistors and they are within spec. The service manual suggests replacing the CCU but is there a way to definitive way to tell if the CCU definitely needs replacing?