Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have kitchenaid dishwasher and the cancel, normal, and heavy wash lights are blinking co

Customer Question

I have kitchenaid dishwasher and the cancel, normal, and heavy wash lights are blinking continuously. Lights don't stop blinking and no other buttons work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The blinking lights are actually an error code and these blinking lights mean that your touch control panel is shorted internally. This is not something you can just reset I'm sorry to say, the entire touch control panel will need to be replaced. You'll need the full model number to look up the control panel and the model is located on a sticker around the tub and can be seen if you open the door. It will start with a "K" for Kitchen Aid. With that model number you can look up the part at Searspartsdirect.com if you'd like. The part is about $130 itself usually depending on the model number. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.