Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I opened the lid

Customer Question

Hi
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the lid switch is working, the issue is either with the water not draining (or the control not thinking it has drained), the control itself or a motor issue. Does it pump the water out? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, the model is Haier portable washer - HLP21N. The water does drain out. It can rotate fine while washing, it's only until the spinning cycle that it would not move. I've checked inside, and nothing seems to be falling apart. Thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Does the pump run when it should be spinning or does it just stop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean by pump running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the water would drain out, after the wash cycle, waster will drain out, and I can still add water for rinsing.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
When it is time for the machine to spin after it drains, does the drain pump continue to run or does it just sit silently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still pumps a bit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not silent, it seems like it was trying to spin, it wiggles a tiny bit, but would not spin
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so that tells us that the control is working, the pump is working and the lid switch is okay. I suspect the pressure switch will need to be replaced and is available below.
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b198p11/Haier-Washing-Machine-Pressure-Switch/WD625010/1569363?modelNumber=HLP21N&ss=a11b198d913166&mr=1?rcaid=1000054
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Um...How do I replace it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It will require some disassembly and electrical connections. Are you comfortable with that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Um...no, I don't know, do you have any manual?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The service manual is not good, it only gives some diagnostic hints, no teardown information at all. If you are not confident, I would not recommend you attempt it because there are plastic parts that will break and you may end up with a much bigger problem. I would probably have it professionally repaired.