Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag Washer M# ***** When I turn the washing machine

Customer Question

Maytag Washer M# *****
When I turn the washing machine on it looks normal, display lights up as usual, but when I push play button to start a load it gives me The following Error message and I can't bypass it.
'It appears the door was not opened since the last programme. If you would like to start a programme, first open and shut the door, then press start/pause'.
I have tried opening and closing the door numerous times and it still does not clear. On one occasion after powering it up it allowed me to start the cycle and during the whole cycle it was tripping the circuit breaker.
What can cause this please?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The only 2 things that can cause your issue would be the LCD display control board or the door latch assembly. You would need a multi meter to test continuity through the door switch as you open and close the door switch to see if the switch is still good and recognizing that the door is opening and closing. If it's not, then you need to replace the latch. If the door switch is reading properly, you'll need to replace the control board. Now if you don't have a multimeter, just order and replace the latch assembly which is part number 22003753. This part is about $50 and if it doesn't fix the issue then you know that you would need the LCD board which is about $400, so it may not be worth fixing since the unit is over 10 years old now but that's completely up to you. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?