Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I am working on a model MHWE201YW00 , error code F9 E1 comes

Customer Question

I am working on a model MHWE201YW00 , error code F9 E1 comes up at 19 minutes remaining on rapid wash cycle. It goes through the wash cycle and drains the wash water then fills the rinse water then shuts down. Pressing the poser/cancel button will drain the unit and I remove power from the machine for 15 seconds. I am not sure if the lady is using HE detergent but the first couple times I ran an empty drum there was still suds in the washer. Do I need to run it empty with hot water until it is clean or replace a board?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, based on your complaint and seeing the suds I would have her run either affresh or distilled white vinegar though the washer. Either will break down the excessive suds and flush the extra soap out.
Make sure she's using HE soap and not to much of it. Up to line one is plenty. If she is, replace the board.