John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Ecosmart washer keep dingle sounds on spin cycle, and wont

Customer Question

Ecosmart washer keep dingle sounds on spin cycle, and wont spin. Sounds are the error alert. How can I figure out what is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today. First you need to see what error you're getting. Start a cycle and WHILE the washer is beeping, look at the 8 progress LED lights on the control panel. Some of them will be illuminate to express and error code. Can you tell me which lights are illuminated from LEFT to RIGHT? Example from left to right (1st, 5th, 8th).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh thats a tough one. Usually the last 2 or last 1 are lit, and the spin cycle medium flashes telling me its a spin issue. Sorry reset cycle and just started the spin. Hasnt beeped again yet....but it isnt spinning either. Starts to, but then stops. I hear something making regular washer sounds, but the spin starts and stops again right away

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There will be more lights illuminated than just the last 1 or 2. Please just wait until it starts beeping again and then reply by with what lights are illuminated. DON'T press any buttons while it's beeping just let me know. I can not help without the error code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I took a vid but dont see a way to upload. The chirping is annoying, and the 8th light is flashing amd lit, and the med light under spin speed section is lit and flashing. Other lights are regular (solid), softner/bleach (solid) and warm (solid)

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, that doesn't help. Can you tell me which lights are illuminated from LEFT to RIGHT? Example from left to right (1st, 5th, 8th).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just the 8th, and it is flashing.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That's not an error code then. Let's try something else. With the machine off, press and hold the Wash Temp Down button and then push the power button until the machine gives 2 short beeps and lights up. Now press the Spin Speed Up button three times so that the Hold and Slow LEDs are illuminated.The eight wash progress LEDs will show the error code. Which ones are illuminated from LEFT to RIGHT? Example (1st, 5th, 8th)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did that following a diffrent thread. Redoing. None lit up.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You're not giving me much to go on. You need to keep trying until you get an error code or you're going to need to call a technician out. I have given you all the information needed to pull up an error code and I can't help you without one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry it isnt providig an actual error code. When I highlight the medium/hold (since med was flashing duromg chirping) lights 2,3,6,8 light up.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry again I can not help until you get an error code
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok then no code means not a tech error. Means operator error so I should figure out what I am doing wrong. Got it.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No, there is a code or it wouldn't be beeping. You're just not pulling it up which means either your not reading the instructions I have given you or you need a technician to come out and pull it up for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So u think im stupid. I press and hold the wash temp down, then press/hold power. The machine beeps twice and lights come on. I push the spin speed up 3x, so the slow and hold lights are lit. No lights on the wash cycle area light up. And for an expert tech, why do u not know the washer will chirp if the settings do not match the safety stuff, like it will chirp if u attempt to wash perm press with hot. Or try using a high spin with delicates. Thankfully I am not an idiot, tho I begin to question your own credentials. Since there isnt an error code it means I need to check the other settings. Oh look. A little more work and for free I found this issue often occurs when it has been overloaded w heavy items leading to the machine being off balance. Not enough for a code but enough for the sensors to not spin. I have now rebanlanced my machine and will run a new load. Sorry you are unable to help when there isnt a code to spell out the problem for you. Good thing there is satisfaction guaranteed, so I wont pay to have u call me an idiot. Nor will I pay u when I foumd the info on my own for free. I figured I would use this service as a possible way to save time. Looks like I was wrong. You have a great day.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I think you're taking it wait out of context and no one is saying your an idiot. I also can't help you without an error code but I know if I was there I could pull one up. I'm sorry you're upset but there are limitations and if you can't do what is required to pull up an error code, how am I supposed to give you an answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure enough, i managed to fix the issue. Thankfully, i dont rely on only error codes to find a solution, but use the symptoms (that were provided) as well. I suspect a couple additional questions from you and you would have been able to find the solution as well. A lack of error code was not, as you kept insisting, a result of my inability to follow/read instructions, but rather because there was not enough of a problem to result in an error code presenting itself. Simply put, youre an asshat. If you would like, i can make a video, of me following the instructions, and no error code showing up. I can then provide you a link to the youtube video. But i doubt you want that, since that would prove that there is no error code. And since that is what you rely on to solve problems, you were unable to assist. I appreciate the instruction on how to find error codes, and now, if there ever IS an error, i can google the code and how to fix it. Not sure how you would have pulled up a non existant error code; but kudos on having unerring faith in your ability. As soon as i can close this thread i will be doing so.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
have a nice day.