Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My maytag refrigerator,French door style, model no.MFI2568AES.

Customer Question

My maytag refrigerator,French door style, model no.MFI2568AES. The display on door at ice and water dispenser started flashing, and the ice flapper kept opening and shutting repeatedly.the fridge no longer cools, freezer still working. I unplugged the unit, plugged it back in now no lights, just constant clicking noise. Replaced control panel at display and no difference. Must be some other relay, can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Whirlpool/Maytag even has a service pointer on this issue .
The repair is to replace the main control board.
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/12920710/1206507?rcaid=1000070
The main control board is located on the right rear corner under the unit.
If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The main control board is located in the back of the unit, not under. The board I bought for the display area cost 180.00, the main board is 300.00 what kind of guarantee do I have this will work?
This is Just Answer not just fix it .
You pay for the answer to your question.
Even if you had a service company come out they would not guarantee anything.
I have given you the information that the Manufacture has given out on a field service pointer of R8178660 on April 2007
This is copied and pasted right from the service pointer.
I have never seen this NOT fix the issue ,but I nor Just Answer will guaranty anything
CUSTOMER COMPLAINT:
Ice dispenser door continually opens and closes and/or user display flashes on and off intermittently
\
CORRECTION:
Order and install high voltage control board kit PN 12920710. The kit includes; control board, installation and programming instructions