Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a Maytag Legacy Series Washer - Model SAV5105AWW ... have

Customer Question

have a Maytag Legacy Series Washer - Model SAV5105AWW ... have a recent issue -
I end up w/ a cup or two of water on my floor after a cycle ...
I've checked all my hoses - no leaks & exit hose appears to be connected correctly ... so no water on exterior ... just watched a full cycle - I get a small trail/puddle that comes from under the machine - best that I can tell is related to when machine - transitions & clears the drum from wash & rinse cycle ... is there a pump or seal that could be going bad ... saw a few water drops near the lower left vent (10-11 oclock when looking at machine)
would like a better idea of what is happening? drum seal, pump, etc ? look forward to your response - Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.
So there are a few things that can cause this leak, the most likely leak would be the main seal and bearing right where the transmission goes up through the bottom of the tub. The other possibility is the drain pump mounted below the pump. You'll need to remove the screws going into the lower front panel in the bottom right and left corner and then watch the washer through a cycle. You can also remove the upper front panel after you remove the lower fornt panel by just removing 2 more screws. But until you locate the source of the leak it's hard to guess what has actually failed. If the leak is coming from the drain pump, then just replace the drain pump. If it's coming from the main bearing and seal, that requires specialty tools to replace and would cost about $300 to have replaced so it may not be worth fixing. If anything else is leaking it should be fairly obvious.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?