Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Re: Roper #RTW4640YQ1. Wife washed heavy blanket, now tub seems

Customer Question

Re: Roper #RTW4640YQ1. Wife washed heavy blanket, now tub seems "lower" than normal and really loose. I checked springs + belt, everything appears normal. Thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So the only things that can cause the tub to drop down would be one of the 4 rods coming out of the bushings at the top or coming out of socket below the tub. The tub is supposed to be really loose since it's just suspended by 4 rods so you may have just "noticed" this when you were looking for things that were wrong. Below is a video that shows you how to replace the rods which you may not need to do, but it shows you how to get to the top and bottom of them to ensure they are connected properly. If they are connected properly then nothing is definitely wrong with the suspension and there is no way that the basket is lower than is designed. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?