Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Subzero model #632. I remove the top to vaccum and

Customer Question

I have a Subzero model #632. I remove the top to vaccum and it is super hot in there. the upper coils are so hot they burn your hand. What do you think could be the problam?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the coils are hot enough to burn you above the refrigerator, then you need to make sure the coils are clean and you also need to make sure the fan next to the compressor is running. This fan is what cools the compressor down so if it's not running it will definitely need to be replaced. Other than that, if the coils are clean and the fan is running, the compressor is just overheating for no reason so you'd need a technician to come out and look at the compressor to check the freon pressure or see if you need a new compressor. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem at all but I'm sorry about the issue you're having.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?