Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Elite Smartwase Quiet Pak 9. Every once

Customer Question

Hi...I have a Kenmore Elite Smartwase Quiet Pak 9. Every once in a while there is standing water in the basin. This seems to be occurring more frequently. Any ideas on what is going on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So this issue means that your electronic water valve on the back of your washer that your fill hoses connect to is no longer sealing up properly all the time. That will allow water to trickle through very slowly and the tub can start to fill up. If this issue were to occur when you went on vacation it can cause the washer to over fill and flood the house so it's something you want to fix sooner rather than later. You'll need the full model number to look up the correct part and the model is located on a sticker just inside the door way. The model will start with 110 . XXXXXXXXXX
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?