John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Jennaire 2 drawer dishwasher top drawer does not drain the

Customer Question

jennaire 2 drawer dishwasher top drawer does not drain the machine runs
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
But to assist you I need to know which model number you have to be able to look any information up at all.
And since it did not drain when it should have been draining could you hear the drain pump working as if it was trying to drain ?
And I have to assume since you have not said anything that the lower drawer drains just fine? is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bottom drawer does drain. The whole machine sounds normal in all cycles expect for the fact that the top does not drain. I'll go down to my other house and get model number as soon as i can.
ok if you do hear it running when it should be draining then I would have to suspect that it is either a restricted drain line , causing the unit not to be able to drain .
Some models have a separate drain pump from the circulation pump .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok the model number is ***** and the serial number is ***** Type number is ***** I hope this helps. And thank you for helping me.
ok Thank you yes JDD4000AWS3 is what I needed, are you in front of the unit at this time? or can you tell me if when the top unit is in a drain mode does it sounds as if the drain pump is running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything sounds like its draining but its not
ok are you in near the unit at this time?
And how handy are you do you think you can pull the bottom drawer out and get under it to look at the wiring to the drain pump or remove the drawer to look at the drain line?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that will be a bit what am I looking for so I dont break something else.
sure the electrical harness is connected to the drain pump and you can remove the drain hose off the pump and try blowing into and through it to see if it is restricted.
If you have a volt -ohm meter you can even test the drain pump motor for continuity to see if the pump motor is good or not .
if the harness is connected ,the drain line is clear and the pump motor has continuity then your issue will be that drawers main control board in the door
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you i will check it out and get back to you tomorrow.
ok no problem!