Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I need to replace the push button door switch on my refrigerator.

Customer Question

I need to replace the push button door switch on my refrigerator. The one that turns the interior light on and off. Its part number 6600JB1010A. The question I have is, how do I remove the old switch?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You need to be very careful when removing this switch because you don't want to damage the inner liner of your refrigerator. To replace the switch start by unplugging the refrigerator or turning the breaker off to the refrigerator. Next, slide a putty knife under the bezel of the switch between the inner liner of the refrigerator and the back of the bezel. Push in toward the center of the switch and twist a bit to pry out on the switch. Go around all 4 sides in a circle and just repeat this over and over until it unclips completely and you can pull the switch out and unplug it. Sometimes it helps 2 have 2 small putty knifes so that you can push into the switch from 2 different sides at one time. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?