How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AppTech8579 Your Own Question
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1649
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
AppTech8579 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Why did my microwave get very hot without being on? My wife

Customer Question

Why did my microwave get very hot without being on? My wife touched the outside and got burned. I pulled the plug and haven't turned on again. What's the problem.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 2 years ago.
Is it still hot?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry but I don't have no way to call you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Once I pulled the plug it took sometime before it cooled off. I haven't turned it on again.
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 2 years ago.
Okay, when cooking microwaves do get warm on the outside but shouldn't be hot. This would be the magnetron causing this and can be very dangerous. You will need to get this fixed unless you want to repair it yourself before using it again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it a faulty magnetron? How can I repair this? I don't even know what magnetron is or where it is located.
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 2 years ago.
Yes you need to replace the magnetron as it is faulty. Even unplugged the unit still contains very high voltage so you will need to be careful. I would recommend getting a technician out to fix it as it would need to be tested as well.
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 2 years ago.
Please remember to rate me a 6 so I get credit for helping you as we are on an honor system, Thanks.