Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Washing machine spinning out of control amost running away.i

Customer Question

washing machine spinning out of control amost running away.i can find manual it is balance someone mentioned shipping boltr may still be in it where are they located,please help(###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So you can see the shocks below the tub by removing the 2 screws in the lower front panel in the bottom right and left corners. Remove that panel and make sure the shocks don't look broken. If they look good then run a cycle without any clothes inside and listen to the washer during spin. If it doesn't make any noise anymore, you'll need to replace the shocks because they are just getting weak. If it still sounds like it's getting out of control then either your bearing is going bad or your inner basket support is broken. If you hear clanking and banging, the entire inner stainless steel basket will need to be replaced because the inner basket support is broken. If you hear a roaring like a jet engine noise, then you'll need to replace both the inner stainless steel basket and the rear outer tub because the outer tub has the main tub bearing built into it and the inner basket has the shaft that goes through the bearing built into it. This is likely not worth fixing if it comes down to the unit roaring like a jet engine with no clothes inside because the repair will cost over $700 just in parts. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I see you requested a phone call so I'll send that option over as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is an old model but it has been in storage used only 4 washes but because of the bouncing around we can not use it it does not make any funny noises is whole machine bouncing when is spinnig
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
yes I understand that. Everything that I said before is still 100% accurate and it's the same process you'd need to take to determine what has failed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?