Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Can I get a conversion kit to change from natural gas to propane

Customer Question

Can I get a conversion kit to change from natural gas to propane for a(###) ###-#### If no conversion kit, is there a company that you would recommend do it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Hello
My name is ***** ***** I am an appliance expert here with justanswer and I can help you today.
In order to get the right lp conversion kit for your model I would need the full model number. If this a range it should be located just behind the lower drawer on the frame of the unit itself. Please open the drawer and look either on the left or rights side front frame. You should see a white sticker or label that lists both the model and serial number. Please get back to me here with the full model number and I will et back to you with the conversion kit for you model unit.
As far as for getting someone to do it that is close to you I would need to know the state and county in which you live and I will give you a couple of numbers for the local appliance repair companies in your area that will help you. You can then call them and schedule a service appointment. It is not a hard install, just simply changing the cooktop portion orifices and swapping the gas regulator nub. It takes about 30 minutes or so. So instead of paying about $100-$200 for a repair company to do it for you, you can do the conversion yourself.
Just get back to me here with the full model number and state/county and I will help you more. And please also let me know if you would like to do the conversion yourself as well.
Thanks.