How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jon Your Own Question
Jon, Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 3627
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Jon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get a conversion kit to change from natural gas to propane

Customer Question

Can I get a conversion kit to change from natural gas to propane for a(###) ###-#### If no conversion kit, is there a company that you would recommend do it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an appliance expert here with justanswer and I can help you today.
In order to get the right lp conversion kit for your model I would need the full model number. If this a range it should be located just behind the lower drawer on the frame of the unit itself. Please open the drawer and look either on the left or rights side front frame. You should see a white sticker or label that lists both the model and serial number. Please get back to me here with the full model number and I will et back to you with the conversion kit for you model unit.
As far as for getting someone to do it that is close to you I would need to know the state and county in which you live and I will give you a couple of numbers for the local appliance repair companies in your area that will help you. You can then call them and schedule a service appointment. It is not a hard install, just simply changing the cooktop portion orifices and swapping the gas regulator nub. It takes about 30 minutes or so. So instead of paying about $100-$200 for a repair company to do it for you, you can do the conversion yourself.
Just get back to me here with the full model number and state/county and I will help you more. And please also let me know if you would like to do the conversion yourself as well.

Related Appliance Questions