Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am the cleaning lady household. I was doing laundry

Customer Question

I am the cleaning lady for this household. I was doing laundry and got to much soap in the washer. I can't get it to finish rinising and can't get the door open. What do I do. Its a Bosch Nexxt Laundry Pedestal. The model numbers on the book are WTZ1500, WTZ1500S, WTZ1500P and WTZ1500C. I can't find the operating manuel.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So to start, if there are too many suds or too much water in the tub, the door will not open for safety reasons. If you look in the lower front right corner of your washer, there is a 4" circular access panel. Locate the small hole along the edge of the access panel and stick a pin through this hole to push back on the locking tab behind the plate. Now you can twist the entire access panel counter-clockwise to remove it. Behind this access panel is a drain catch and a pull cord to the left. Pull down on the pull cord to manually unlock the door. Then you can remove the clothes and as much water and suds as possible. Unscrew the 3" diameter plastic drain cap behind the access panel and all the water inside the tub will come pouring out so be ready and make sure the washer is unplugged. Once all the water is removed you can start up a new cycle with no clothes or detergent with a cup of white vinegar in the dispenser to help remove the suds in the washer. Then after that you should be good to go again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 75 years old and I can't do all of that. Isn't there an easier way to open the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I turn it off for so many minutes and then when I turn it back on hit the pause to make it open
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There is a chance that you can just leave it unplugged for 3 or 4 hours or so and allow all the suds to down, then turn the washer to drain and spin and that MIGHT work, but it may not either. You can certainly try that first. I wish every repair could just be a reset button but I hope you understand I can't control what needs to be done to fix the issue. If this isn't something you're capable of doing you'd need to call a technician to come out and do the repair.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem and I wish you only the best.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?