Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Regarding a GE Refrigerator - The water dispenser has suddenly

Customer Question

Regarding a GE Refrigerator - The water dispenser has suddenly stopped working. I have replaced the filter and purged the lines as well as checking the connection under the cover on top of the unit. Nothing has helped.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the icemaker still works but the water does not dispense out the dispenser then you either have a frozen line inside the door of your freezer or your electronic water valve is bad. The door would either need to come apart or you'd need to turn your unit off for 24 hours to thaw out the freezer door if this is the issue. To check, remove the lower kick panel and disconnect the water line that goes to the door and see if you can blow through the line that goes through the door or not. If not then you have a frozen line in the door, if you can then you have a bad electronic water valve. There is a kit designed to add a heater to the dispenser so this does not happen in the future if the problem comes back. Below is a link to the kit and it comes with instructions on how to install it. CLICK HERE We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?