Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Will a 30" kitchenaid downdraft cooktop fit where I

Customer Question

Hi
Will a 30" kitchenaid downdraft cooktop fit where I now have
a 30" jenn-air downdraft cooktop from about 19 years ago cant find model # ***** does the air system have to be changed. It seem to me that no one wants to touch it as I have tried several places. You are my last hope to get answers
Thank you
Diane
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There is no way to know whether your cooktop will fit or not without knowing the current model number of the cooktop you are inquiring about for Kitchen Aid, and removing the old downdraft cooktop to measure the cut out hole in the countertop. Then you can know if the unit will work or not. As for the downdraft vent part, the venting will definitely need to be moved or re-routed since every downdraft is slightly different, but that really shouldn't be all that big of an issue at all, you would just need some new venting and possibly some elbows or couplers for the vent and such.