Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Miele dishwasher fills and then flashes water intake light.It

Customer Question

My Miele dishwasher fills and then flashes water intake light.It will drain when reset and refill but doesn't start.When it does this the timer goes straight to 0...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Since it fills and drains but will not start, I suspect the heater pressure switch is faulty. It monitors the water level so the heater cannot turn on when the tub is empty. This part is mounted in the sump assembly and requires a fair amount of disassembly to access. I can send you the service manual for that machine if you think it is something you want to tackle. I will caution you, though, that Miele products are not easy to service.