Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a LG wm2688hnm that is binding on the top of the drum,

Customer Question

I have a LG wm2688hnm that is binding on the top of the drum, when it starts its fast spin cycle. This happens when there is 9 minutes left showing on the timer and it never moves past that point. When I go to the QC test mode on High spin if I push down on the counter weight on top it spins fine, when I let up it binds and stops spinning. I would think it is the bearings, but I can hand turn the drum with no problems and there is no play in the drum. I have replaced the Washer Drive Motor Assembly as the gear was striped, and the sensor on the Stater and tested the Stater and it test ok.
What would you look at next?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the drum is moving fine by hand, I suspect there is a connection that is being made with the downward pressure on the top of the tub. I would start by removing all of the connections, one at a time, inspecting and reseating back into position. You may have a wire broken in a harness or connection. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly I must not have explained the problem well as it is not an electrical problem. This is an LG front loading washer. when the tub goes into a high speed spin, it is rubbing against the housing the tub is in. If I push down on the top of the housing (the counter weight) the tub spins fine, when I remove the downward pressure the tub rubs against something. In all the other functions it is spinning fine. I don't want to pull the front of the machine off if it is something in the suspension, like one of the three Shocks. Please let me know your thoughts ASAP so I can get this thing running again tomorrow.
Better yet call me at(###) ###-####and lets discuss it real time.Thanks
Doug