Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The oven door lock won't move in either direction, so I can't

Customer Question

The oven door lock won't move in either direction, so I can't close the door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So it's possible that your door latch has just failed and would need to be replaced, but since the door is locked open what you want to do is tape the door switch in to trick the oven and think that the door is closed. Now flip the circuit breaker off to the oven or unplug the oven for 60 seconds and plug it back in to see if the latch will unlock. Wiggle the latch a bit more and if it still won't unlock the door latch would need to be replaced.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.