MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Need to locate an exhaust adapter Jenn-Air F120 downdraft

Customer Question

HI need to locate an exhaust adapter for a Jenn-Air F120 downdraft - the square to vent adapter that attachs to the exhaust motor (like 4" * 5 1/4")
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
Please go here
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/electronic-air-cleaner-parts-for-jenn-air-f120.html
Do you see the part here?
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the part is not listed. And that is the wrong diagram for my F120 model. The F120 has a square exhaust port on the fan blower, not a round one. I need the square adapter (approx 4" 8 5 1/4") to a vent pipe. This did not answer my question yet and I was charged initial $5 plus $23 and I just now am responding. Why the $23 charge. Wasn't supposed to be charged unless the question was answered. Can you tell me where to get the adapter?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks
Thats really strange as thats the model listed as the F120
Ill opt out while I continue to look
Any queries regarding deposits would have to be sent to customer services as I have no access to these details, sorry
Please do NOT rate as this would close the question
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I KNOW AND i HAD ALREADY REVIEWED THAT DIAGRAM. i DID SEE ANOTHER REPLACEMENT EXHAUST MOTOR ON EBAY THAT LOOKED IDENTICAL TO MINE. The motor is in the same location as the one in the diagram; however the eshaust outlet is approx 4" * 5 1/4" square.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
There is no adapter that is made for that. Go to any local sheetmetal fabrication shop and they can easily fabricate one for you for little $$. Many larger hvac companies do their own metal work, so you may have luck there too.
Beats spending hours upon hours looking for something that nobody makes.