Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

700 Watt Rival Microwave oven: light goes on and table turns

Customer Question

700 Watt Rival Microwave oven: light goes on and table turns when door is open; light turns off and turn table stops turning when door is closed and power is on. How is this fixed?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
This sounds like a bad door switch
You would need a multimeter to test this
You should also be very aware that there is a stored lethal charge in the capacitor in this machine.
If you are not comfortable with this, you would be better advised to get a repair person look at this for you
Thanks
Rob