John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE side by side refrigerator model number PSB42YXASS

Customer Question

I have a GE side by side refrigerator model number PSB42YXASS and it stops cooling both the freezer side and refrigerator side. When I turn off the power, wait a few minutes and turn it back on, it starts to cool both sides. After about 30-60 mins it stops cooling. This refrigerator has hardly been used. It's about 3 years old but only I use for 1. Is it the control board?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  repairman4734 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Thanks for your question, it is appreciated. Everything your frig. does, is yes, the electronic control board is the culprit. Part of this electronic control board has failed, that keeps the frig. running correctly. You can purchase the part at Sears Parts and Servicenters in your area;
( 1 ) WR55X10428 electronic control board $ 179.84
To replace, you will need to pull your frig. away from the wall and unplug. Above the compressor area is a metal cover. Remove, the control is here. Be sure to move only one set of wires at a time, so you don't get mixed up. After you are done, would recommend going to the hardware store and getting a surge protector and put in the outlet and plug the frig. into that. It does provide some protection for the electronics. Hope this helps, and let me know. Farrell
Good Evening, just wondering how you are coming on the repair of your refrigerator? Any questions, I am always here. Thanks, Farrell