Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Samsung model rb215lash

Customer Question

Samsung model rb215lash
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.
To be clear, are you saying that you have ice building up under the drawers in the refrigerator, or the freezer section or both?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK then you have 2 problems but they are the same issue with both sections. The problem is your drain line has clogged behind the back panel inside the freezer and inside the refrigerator. The entire back panel inside the freezer would need to be removed to access the drain line and inside the refrigerator part 1 on the diagram in the link below must be removed against the back wall of the refrigerator section. CLICK HERE for diagram Use a hair dryer to thaw out any ice you see behind these panels and then use a turkey baster with hot water to shoot through the drain hole to clear out the drain hole below the silver evaporator coils. Once the drain is clear and draining properly, you can re-assemble and you should be good to go again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok tyler I appreciate your help will let you know when the problem is solved thanks talk later.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and good luck.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.