John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Maytag dishwasher (model # *****) is leaking at what

Customer Question

My Maytag dishwasher (model # *****) is leaking at what appears to be under the door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
Are you saying it is leaking out the door or just under the door on to the floor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Woody, the model number I have is MDB8959AWS. It appears to be leaking onto the floor from under the door.
ok you need to look at the model number once again please you are missing one number on the end of the model number 0-7 .
That way I can narrow it down some
And can you remove the bottom inspection cover to see where the leak is coming from ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, the final number is ***** If you could give me a minute I can look..but when I reach my hand up under the door, it feels like some kind of insulation, and that is wet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband says there's no water coming from the area of the pump directly under the dishwasher, it's coming from the door.
ok so coming from under the door from the dishwasher tank .
Means either it is overflowing or something is directing the water flow under the door.
when the unit is full if you open the door is the sump full and overflowing?
Of if the sump is not over flowing ,look at the spray arms to make sure you have no debris in the spray arm holes that can direct water in a different direction .
Does the unit leak when in a wash /water circulation mode or does it leak in a drain mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know, we run it at night. We will have to run it during the day to answer those questions. Is there a way I can contact you when I have those answers?
Just copy This conversations URL and paste it into your favorites and get back to me when you can!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much!
No problem!