Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bosch dryer error message says clean lint filter. I've removed

Customer Question

Bosch dryer error message says clean lint filter. I've removed and cleaned the filter. I've also removed all of the lint that I can see where the filter goes. I've also disconnected the dryer hose from the rear and vacuumed the exhaust port in the rear. I then attempted to start the dryer with the filter in place and the exhaust hose off. It still won't start and still says clean the lint filter. ??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today. If the dryer always tells you to clean the lint filter and it won't even start running before the error occurs, you need to just unplug the dryer for 24 hours to allow all the capacitors on the board to bleed out. Plug the dryer back in and if you have the exact same symptoms, you need a new control board because your main board has just failed I'm sorry to say. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a Bosch repair man come. He disassembled the dryer and found the non-resettable high limit was blown and advised replacing the thermistor. Your advise was useless.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you still want an evaluation, it won' be good.