Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

When I try and activate the "clean" mode a message "doo

Customer Question

when I try and activate the "clean" mode a message "door" is displayed and I cannot understand why. What could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  dimmusacio replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What model is this? What is the exact and entire error it gives you?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thermador 30" Range ~ RDF30 I think, four gas stove burners and electric convection oven.
Expert:  dimmusacio replied 1 year ago.
.
I need to opt out and move this to the correct category.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does that mean you are passing my question on to another tech?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven issue. This wasn't in the appliance category it was in the computer OS category which is why the expert moved it to the correct category. Anyways, the problem is that the oven doesn't think your door is shut or the latch isn't moving which is why it's flashing "Door" when you try to start the self clean cycle. The oven wants to make sure that the oven door is shut before it tries to lock the door. If the door is definitely closed properly and the oven is just not reading the switch properly (also used for the light switch). If the light still works when you open and close the door you have a bad door latch which is no longer made so you just can't use self clean anymore because you can't replace the faulty part. If the inside light is stuck on or off and doesn't turn on/off when you open the door anymore, you'll need to order and replace the door switch which looks like the part below. CLICK HERE for door switch We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.