AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 10 years
76126576

Have a Bosch Axxis stackable dryer that is leaking from bottom

Customer Question

Have a Bosch Axxis stackable dryer that is leaking from bottom under near where pump is. Did full pump removal and clean of all parts and reservoir. Pump seems to run fine and sends water to drain. Also cleaned condenser but may not be totally clear. Would that cause it to leak? If not then what could it be? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.
How much water is there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Drips pretty hard while drying. Pools on the slide out drawer and I mop it up with a rag from there then repeat a bunch more times during cycle. If I let it go (did before realized was happening) it is enough to flow down back of machine.
So does the unit leak the whole time during washing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the dryer. And leaks during peak drying time mostly.
Please post the model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model is Bosch Axxis WTE86300US. Thanks.
Usually when water leaks from the dryer like you are describing it is from the condensation hose. Hook the condensation hose to the drain line but don't make it higher than the height of the dryer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx. That's not where it's leaking from and for 5 years has never leaked so while I saw that comment elsewhere online I contacted you as I thought you might have greater insight. No other ideas? Thx.
There is a little float switch in the condensation pan where the drain pump is mounted. You'll want to clean out this pan as much as you can and blow through the condensation hose on the back to be sure it's clear. Be sure the float switch isn't getting stuck from lint and that it moves up and down if you fill the pan up with water to activate the pump. If you get excess water leaking again, at that point, it's replace the drain pump itself.
Please remember to rate me a 6 so that I get credit for helping you, Thanks.