John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My GE microwave model JVM1750DM1CC - manufactured - Aug 2008

Customer Question

My GE microwave model JVM1750DM1CC - manufactured - Aug 2008 has no power. Over the stove model - control board or fuse? Went to heat cup of water, hit start and crackling noise - no odor. Outlet has power, display does not light up. No response to any buttons, no light in cavity when door is opened.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anybody there to answer? I have been waiting for 25 minutes.
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. Give me a few minutes to look that model number up.
Do you feel you can test the fuse with a multimeter as microwaves contain very high voltage even when unplugged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Okay, watch this video to get to the fuse. Watch this video on how to test it. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I watched , I think that I would be unable to wrestle the unit in and out as there is only me. So, I'm calling a repair service. It would have been nice to have a video that told about the weight and tediousness of the job before I ask for personalized help. I could have saved money. I am willing to pay $5 for that but not more, and I cannot use the free week unlimited service so I will cancel that. As the responses were so long in coming, I could have had a guy in here today and be done with it. I'm not very happy at this point. What you provided would be helpful if I were to do it myself, but, as I said, I'm solo on the job and no one around who can help. No reflection on you personally, just not happy with the slow response and info.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting long times between responses does not help either.