John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a amana dryer, i change the setting from permanent press hot to delicate, when i tu

Customer Question

i have a amana dryer, i change the setting from permanent press hot to delicate, when i turned setting back it stay cool just blows cool air out the back
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
The manufactures wire diagram does not give wire colors only terminal numbers on the switch if you by pass L1 to terminal #2 that will feed voltage to the heater circuit. from that terminal #2 you have three in line thermostat before the actual heating element , that could be faulty also. lets by pass L1 to #2 and see if you then get heat when the dryer is running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I am a contractor for Just Answer I do not work in there California office I work from my own location and do not participate in their live phone conversations and it does cost you the customer more also.
your unit can still be properly fixed over the internet if you fallow my instructions