Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher that worked great this morning.

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher that worked great this morning. Just reloaded it and when I start it nothing happens.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Any lights flashing? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No lights flashing. Model: W10431032a
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model N WDF530PAYB4
TYpe 583-1
SER: F31403654
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Do the other buttons respond when you press them, like the cycle and option buttons? The model is on a tag in the door opening, it will look like GD1500ABC1.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. The buttons respond, there is a wait of about a minute, then they cut off.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thank you! Can you turn the breaker off (or unplug it) for at least 5 minutes and see if the behavior changes, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** know what happens after power is restored, please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No change. Light come on, the machine fails it make it normal start-up noise, after about 45 seconds the lights go off.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Okay, and just to verify, the pump will come on and drain when you press cancel?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. THat appears to be working fine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** that the door switch is working. So, can you do this, please?
■ Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3-
1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between keys.
■ The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the
door is closed.
Do all of the lights come on? If so, allow about 30 seconds then press cancel. Any change after pressing cancel and trying another cycle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1-2-3 series with the door open then close it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
If you can do it with the door closed, do it that way, please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lights are on.
Trying cancel
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Okay, keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No change. Cancel ran another drain cycle, but start did the same thing again -- lights for about 45 seconds otherwise no response.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Okay, so since it goes into diagnostics and will drain, I believe the User Interface panel is faulty, specifically the start button. That is part number 6 in the diagram at the URL below.
http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/3/103/00000033/680/900
That part is accessed by removing the screws from around the inner door and separating the panels.
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/User-Control-And-Display-Board/W10440699/2210391?rcaid=1000054
Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!
Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome, thank you!