Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Maytag 5000 series electronic dryer is about 2 years old.

Customer Question

My Maytag 5000 series electronic dryer is about 2 years old. It won't start. When you press the start button, there are 3 quick beeps and nothing else. I don't know if it's related, but a few days ago after it did this I checked the lint filter and after reinstalling it, the dryer started. Now, however, only the 3 quick little beeps.
Thanks for your help, JEff
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Open the door and press the door switch in and out several times. Does the light toggle on and off and the switch click?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where is the door switch?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
It is usually at the very top of the door opening. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have it, it's in a rental property.
I'll phone the tenant and see if she can see and work the switch.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Okay, it may be in a gray rubber covering but is usually at the top or side of the door opening.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The light goes on & off and she hears a faint click.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. The door switch is faulty. That click should be very pronounced and feel very heavy. That switch is accessed by removing the three screws at the back of the top panel and sliding the panel off. The switch is mounted in the front of the machine and plugs in to the left, right at the main control board. Once the top is off, you will see the switch. The switch you need is available below.
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Switch/W10318609/1876767?rcaid=1000054
Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!
Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So I remove the 3 screws, lift the top of the dryer off, and I'll see the switch?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Correct, except the top panel slides back then lifts off. The switch will come out from the front after pressure clips are released and, once unplugged, will allow complete removal. They are very easy to replace.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome, thank you!