Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have a Jenn-Air JDB8200AWS1 dishwasher that runs a partial

Customer Question

Have a Jenn-Air JDB8200AWS1 dishwasher that runs a partial cycle and stops. It doesn't drain. I've checked for clogs and it's fine. Checked filter and ensure there is no debris in the filter area. Light on door is not lighting either. I have narrowed down to control board, drain pump or solenoid. Thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Can you hear the drain pump running when it should be draining? Will it drain if you press the cancel button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dishwasher is so quiet anyway that I typically don't hear it. But, to the best of my ability, I do not hear the solenoid nor pump attempt to kick in and definitely do not hear water drain into the disposal. Especially when I press Cancel/Drain.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! That would indicate a fault in the electronic control, especially if the light on the control is not working. The correct control for that model is available below and is accessed by removing the screws from around the inner door and separating the panels.
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Module/W10567073/2685111?rcaid=1000054
Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!
Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One clarifying statement. The "run" light on the front door does not light up. All the button lights work as expected. If you still feel it is the control panel and if the control board is not the fix, can it be returned for another part?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I believe the control, the brain of the machine, is faulty. That is the part I linked you to. If ordered from that company, yes, they allow returns on installed parts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. I ordered it, but it is back ordered and will not arrive until June 18th. If I have a follow up question, do I have to repay? This dishwasher is brand new (less than 3 months of use), however it was purchased well over a year ago. Should I contact Jenn-Air too?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If more than 1 year old, they will not likely help you. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!