Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I CAN'T UNINSTALL MU 10 YEAR OLD FRIGIDAIRE MICROWAVE OVER

Customer Question

I CAN'T UNINSTALL MU 10 YEAR OLD FRIGIDAIRE MICROWAVE OVER THE RANGE OVEN. IT TIPS FORWARD BUT IT SEEMS TO BE ATTACHED ON A BRACKET ON TOP.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Once tipped forward, it will need to lift up in the back to be removed from the tabs on the rear wall mounting panel. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no bracket on the bottom with j tabs. there appears to be some other bracket on the back that won't release. this is a 10 yr old Frigidaire.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PLMV169DCB
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
There is a small mounting plate, it is only along the bottom edge so you won't see it looking over the top. The installation manual is available at the URL below.
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/prodinfo_pdf/Springfield/316137234en.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THAT WAS NO HELP AT ALL. THE MICROWAVE HAS NO RAIL ON THE BOTTOM. IT IS TIPPED FORWARD NOW AND A COUPLE INCHES FROM THE WALL BUT THERE IS SOME KIND OF BRACKET HOLDING IT ON THE TOP NOW WITH BET ARMS.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If there is no rail on the bottom, then it was modified when it was installed and I am not able to help you because whoever installed it could have done any number of things to get it to stay on the wall. I would bet that you are just not able to see the wall plate, though. There really is no other way to mount it and have it stay on the wall for 10 years!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Goodbye
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I found the issue, you interested?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The manufacturer's lookup is incorrect. Using a third party's site shows that model using an extended arm type mount. The microwave has bolts (number 101) that secure the microwave to the mounting plate (number 45). To remove the microwave, remove those bolts and slide the microwave off of the arms that extend from the plate. See the diagram at the URL below.
http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/1/0/00091491/680/900