Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Opened up the front load washer while it was in a cycle. i

Customer Question

opened up the front load washer while it was in a cycle. i hit pause, waited for it. opened up the door added some things. closed the door, pushed start. nothing. lights bliking on rinse. but on steady on control lock. is there a reset somewhere?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, the only reset is to unplug it for 2-3 minutes. If it's an electrical glitch, that may fix it. If the control lock is on, the lock needs to be held down. On the far right side you'll see button that says "Control Lock" hold it in for 3-5 seconds. If you do not see "Control Lock" look for "End Of Cycle" button and hold it.
With the correct model number from the sticker around the door jamb area I could tell you which button you have for sure.
It sounds like the control lock is on and simply needs to be unlocked? Let me know what happens.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it worked thanks
You're most welcome. Happy to help.
Thank you